As the materials used within cavity walls continue to change in response to new and updated building regulations, so too does the size of the cavities themselves.
Over the years, we’ve seen a substantial increase in demand for longer cavity ties here at Grayson, which is why we stock Type 1 ties in 325mm and 350mm as standard.
These extra-long cavity wall ties, made of high-grade austenitic stainless steel, provide our customers with a high load-bearing solution to building stability and are available for next day delivery.
The 2000 Range Wall Tie, which includes the extra-long 325mm and 350mm sizes, has been expertly engineered by ACS to be sufficiently safer than all other formed ties on the market today.
What’s more, the manufacturers have incorporated a range of other innovative design features to aid the installation process:
Additional benefits include:
- An integrated drip feature that provides advanced water and moisture dissipation, even in angles of up to 5°.
- The product is fire-rated Class A1, making it ideal for non-combustible cavity requirements.
Do I need extra-long cavity ties?
With the England and Wales Building Regulations* now allowing for cavities up to 300mm in width, it’s no surprise that increased cavity sizes are becoming more prevalent in the industry.
1. Where face insulated blocks are used the cavity width should be measured from the face of the masonry unit.
2. The embedment depth of the tie should not be less than 50mm in both cases.
3. For cavities wider than 175mm calculate the length as the nominal cavity width plus 125mm and select the nearest stock length. For wall ties requiring embedment depths in excess of 50mm, increase the calculated tie length accordingly.
Based on the latest regulations, our extra-long wall ties are best suited to projects where two masonry walls are separated by a nominal cavity width of at least 176mm.
For further details on the extra-long 2000 Range Wall Tie or any of Grayson’s other masonry metalwork products, contact your account manager on 08448 50 40 50.