Fixing your masonry cladding securely to the main structure of a building is essential in ensuring stability, and wall channels play an important role in this process.
Made of a high-grade Austenitic Stainless Steel, the Metfast Ultra Channel is designed to securely tie the outer leaf of a cavity wall to either concrete or SFS via pre-punched holes.
These holes, which are spaced 112.5mm apart, ensure that a fixing point is always located near the end of the channel, thus reducing the need for continual drilling on site.
The Metfast Ultra Channel is used as an adjustable fixing system that can be tied to either SFS or concrete. The installation process differs slightly between the two applications…
Ensure a safe and secure brickwork facade… with the Metfast Ultra Channel System
- Supplied in 2.7m lengths which can be easily cut on-site
- Features pre-punched holes at close centres to ensure a fixing position is always located near the end
- The wall ties can be positioned at any point along the channel to suit the coursing of the masonry panel
Metfast Ultra Stainless Steel
The advanced material forming process of the Austenitic Stainless Steel provides a range of performance-enhancing benefits, including:
- Added strength
- Increased load-carrying capacity
- Reduced deflection
- Increased memory and spring tension
These benefits have been proven through extensive testing and development processes:
- Lucideon Tested
- Independently tested, and subsequently supported, by Sheffield Hallam University’s Department of Structural and Civil Engineering
- CE Marked (EN 845-1)
For more details on the Metfast Ultra Channel or any of Grayson’s other masonry metalwork products, contact your account manager on 08448 50 40 50.